Thursday, December 20, 2012

London: 14th - 16th December 2012

So my family and I went to London, practically our second home, in the hotel the foot men know us very well and welcome us back with open arms! The guy on the desk also knows us and helps us in any way he can, so basically we have been here a lot!

I needed this trip, college is ridiculously stressful so it was nice to get away from it all and just relax and shop and eat, which is what we do when we go to London.


Unfortunitely it lashed the whole day but eh, I had my ski jacket with me so I was bone dry! Still the best purchase of the year!! 


Generally it's a given that we eat in China Town, this was our first day, we went to do a bit of shopping and then went for lunch, I get all the pork dishes and some rice and it is delicious, in fact I wish I had some right now!!! The service is brilliant in this restaurant and the food is always delicious! Go to China town when your in London!! 


So I did so much walking, Oxford St and Regent St are always the two places I go, I like going to Topshop and Urban outfitters, I can generally get stuff there but also like Zara and Mango. Also all of the shoe shops because I'm obsessed with shoes!! Although ever shoe shop I went into didn't have any of the UK size 6 shoes I wanted!! :( 



A majorly exciting thing happened!! I got to see the Hobbit in the Odeon in Leicester Square!! It was amazing I recommend you go to see it now if you haven't I will give it a few weeks until I actually speak about it but I loved it. Anything to do with Tolkin is fine by me and Peter Jackson has done it again. AND there is two more parts!! I am a happy camper!


On Sunday's it's generally pretty relaxed! We go to the Mall (where the Queen lives) and we walk around St. James park and we feed the squirrels, my mother is in fact a squirrel whisperer, I am the squirrel image taker. They are so cute!


We then went to China Town again! And had Dim Sum which is my favourite thing in the world! Oh I could eat it forever! Char Siu Cheong Fun is so good and mixed meat croquettes are just amazing. It's the best food! 


This road is probably one of my favourites to go down, it's very posh and very classic styles of clothes, shoes, shaving shops, cheese shops, perfumeries and cigar shops. Basically it's well posh and I like it a lot! 


London is a place for me to chill and eat essentially. I am not a huge city person, I like the little towns and quite places but London is somewhere where I will always go. It just feels right, I never really got that with New York, I wish I did but it just didn't click. 

If you haven't been, it's a great city, gorgeous buildings, amazing places to eat, it is expensive though, so save your pennies and take a trip. I love it. Always will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment